D1 Representative-Saahil Brahmbhatt
The Pre-Dental Committee aims to increase pre-dental involvement in our ASDA chapter through meaningful collaboration with undergraduate pre-dental organizations, as well as helping establish pre-dental organizations at schools that do not currently have one. They will continue to hold our well known events, “Dental Student for a Day,” as well as “Getting into Dental School 101,” while aiming to expand and improve these events by reaching out to more interested pre-dental students.
The Pre-Dental Committee is also working on establishing a mentorship program with interested pre-dental students so if you are interested, please reach out to the committee head, Monicka Arora.
If you would like to learn more about what ASDA can offer you as a pre-dental student, please check out the link below:
Pre-Dental Member Resources
Interested in joining our Columbia ASDA Chapter as a Pre-Dental Student?
We are very proud to have hosted many successful events for pre-dental students interested in not only visiting our school but our ASDA chapter. This upcoming year, we will be offering either free or reduced admission to our numerous pre-dental events, if you’re part of our Columbia chapter! Please follow the instructions below, if you’re interested in signing up!
1. Please visit http://www.asdanet.org/joinnow.aspx and click “JOIN”
2. Select “New customer? Click here!”
3. Create an account
4. Log into your account and select “Join ASDA”
5. For membership type, select “Predental”
6. Under Referral information, select “Columbia University College of Dental Medicine” and take a screenshot!
7. Fill out the remaining information to confirm your account
8. Pay the pre-dental membership fee to complete your ASDA registration
9. Send your registration confirmation with the referral screenshot (step 6) to firstname.lastname@example.org