How do I pay for dental school?
Becoming a dentist is expensive. In the past 10 years, dental school tuition has nearly doubled, putting the average non-resident cost of a four-year, public institution dental education at close to $230,000 (and even more for a private school). ASDA is constantly advocating for solutions to the increasing student loan debt. What can you do to manage your money while you’re still in school?
One of the tricky parts of student loans is the terminology. And what’s the deal with deferment? ASDA suggests using a budget and researching loan repayment programs. For more resources, read about ASDA’s Resources for Managing Finances!
Does ASDA provide scholarships and grants?
ASDA provides 2 major scholarships: the Ryan Turner Memorial Scholarship and LGN State Lobby Day Scholarship. Other scholarships and grants that are available include:
- Academy of Laser Dentistry Dr. Eugene M. Seidner Student Scholarship Program
- Academy of LDS Dentists Dental Student Scholarship
- Air Force
- American Dental Association (ADA) Foundation Dental Student Scholarship Program
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Scholarships, Awards and Fellowships
- California Dental Association (CDA) Foundation Dental Student Scholarship
- Fellowships for Native Americans
- Hispanic Dental Association Foundation Scholarship Program
- Indian Health Service Scholarships and Loan Repayment Programs
- NDAF/Colgate-Palmolive Scholarship