Now that you’ve established your ultimate career goal — becoming a dentist — it’s time to start thinking about how to achieve it.
Successful planning will prevent headaches and reduce wasted time down the road. College counselors, current dental students (especially ASDA members), dentists and pre-dental societies are here to support you. They can help you gather information about applying to dental school and the profession in general.
If you aren’t already an ASDA pre-dental member, join today. Your involvement will give you something to talk about when you meet with dental school admissions and also give you exposure to important dental issues. You’ll also receive a free copy of ASDA’s “Guide to Getting into Dental School” when you join. This handbook includes information on preparing for the DAT, tips for interviewing and writing letters of recommendation and a comprehensive listing of each of the 62 dental schools. Use this guide to find out each school’s requirements, tuition, degrees offered and much more.
Interested in joining our Columbia ASDA Chapter as a Pre-Dental Student?
We are very proud to have hosted many successful events for pre-dental students interested in not only visiting our school but our ASDA chapter. This upcoming year, we will be offering either free or reduced admission to our numerous pre-dental events, if you’re part of our Columbia chapter! Please follow the instructions below, if you’re interested in signing up!
1. Please visit http://www.asdanet.org/joinnow.aspx and click “JOIN”
2. Select “New customer? Click here!”
3. Create an account
4. Log into your account and select “Join ASDA”
5. For membership type, select “Predental”
6. Under Referral information, select “Columbia University College of Dental Medicine” and take a screenshot!
7. Fill out the remaining information to confirm your account
8. Pay the pre-dental membership fee to complete your ASDA registration
9. Send your registration confirmation with the referral screenshot (step 6) to email@example.com
For more tips including preparation strategies for tackling the DAT, a timeline to follow for the application process, and methods for choosing the right school for you, visit ASDA’s pre-dental page.
Be sure to make an effort to attend our well known pre-dental events, “Dental Student for a Day,” and “Getting into Dental School 101.” For more information on scheduling, please check out our calendar.